Phoenix Extreme DUI Attorney
There are many different levels of DUI in Phoenix including Extreme DUI and Super Extreme DUI. While any DUI charges are serious in the state, bringing severe penalties, Extreme DUI can cause you even more issues than a “regular” DUI. Extreme DUI can be charged when your BAC is over 0.15 percent. The minimum sentence for an Extreme DUI is 30 days in jail. As you can imagine, spending a month in jail can severely compromise your employment.
Because the time in jail as well as the other penalties associated with Extreme DUI are fairly harsh, it is important that you have the experienced DUI team from the Ciccarelli Law Offices by your side from start to finish. We understand that your freedom is on the line, not to mention the myriad of collateral consequences you could face if convicted of Extreme DUI.
Why Should You Choose the Ciccarelli Law Offices for Your Phoenix Extreme DUI Charges?
The Ciccarelli Law Offices is dedicated to fighting for the rights of those whose liberty is on the line as they face DUI charges. If you are facing Phoenix DUI charges, you need to seek highly experienced legal assistance as quickly as possible. The DUI team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices is here to help you through this difficult time.
At Ciccarelli Law Offices, Your Success is Our Mission. Why choose us?
- Lee Ciccarelli leads a team that brings more than one hundred years of combined national criminal defense experience in both state and federal courts.
- Our team of DUI attorneys has proven results and is respected by aggressive prosecutors and law enforcement officials alike.
- We have successfully represented thousands of clients across the nation, with hundreds of five-star reviews from our satisfied clients.
- We strive to make a difference for our clients, regardless of who they are, where they are from, or how much money they have.
- We have the resources necessary to fully investigate the DUI charges against you.
- We will help you deal with the criminal charges as well as the MVD when it comes to handling issues with your driver’s license.
What are the Penalties for Extreme DUI in Phoenix AZ?
Although an Extreme DUI is classified as a Class One Misdemeanor in the same manner as a “regular” DUI, the consequences and penalties are exponentially more severe. If your BAC tests 0.15 or higher, you may be charged with an Extreme DUI (If your BAC is .20 or higher, you could be charged with a Super DUI). An Extreme DUI in the state of Arizona has the following penalties if you are convicted of the offense:
- From 30 days to six months in county jail—30 days mandatory, with no parole or suspension
- Probation up to five years
- Fines, fees, and assessments that can be more than $2,500—You will likely pay an initial fine of $250, then another $250 to the DUI abatement fund. You will pay up to $1,000 for the “prison construction and operations fund,” and another $1,000 to the public safety fund. You will be required to pay for your ignition interlock device for twelve months, with an average cost of $1,500. Having your driver’s license reinstated adds additional fees, and the necessity of obtaining SR-22 insurance can add a significant amount to your cost.
- Mandatory screening for drugs and alcohol
- A suspension of your driver’s license for at least 90 days
- The necessity and expense of having an ignition interlock device installed on all vehicles you drive
- Depending on the circumstances, you could also be required to attend alcohol awareness classes, may be sentenced to community service, could be ordered to take driving survival courses, and you could even be required to have a personal alcohol-monitoring device if one of the court’s orders is that you are not allowed to drink alcohol at all.
If you receive a second Extreme DUI conviction within seven years, you will spend a minimum of 120 days in jail, with at least 60 of those days served consecutively. Your fines will be higher, you will have a mandatory 30 hours of community service, and your driver’s license will be revoked for at least 12 months. A third Extreme DUI within that seven years will bump up the charges to an Aggravated DUI, which is a felony offense. Your penalties will increase significantly, and your fines could reach $20,000.
What are the Potential Defenses for Extreme DUI?
Your experienced DUI attorney will base your defense on the circumstances surrounding your Extreme DUI arrest. He or she knows how to scrutinize the procedures used to secure your BAC reading and will look for any weak links in the evidence obtained by the prosecution. Because BAC is integral to your Extreme DUI case, this may be a primary point of defense in your case. Other common defenses for an Extreme DUI include the following:
- You had difficulty performing the field sobriety tests because the instructions given by the police officer were confusing or incorrect, the field sobriety tests are invalid because you are elderly, have a medical issue that causes balance issues, take certain prescription medications, are significantly overweight, or have an injury.
- There was no probable cause for the initial traffic stop—i.e., you committed no traffic infraction that would have caused the officer to suspect you were impaired.
- The officer failed to wait the required 15 minutes prior to administering a
- Breathalyzer test, the Breathalyzer machine was not properly calibrated, the Breathalyzer machine had not been properly maintained, the person in charge of calibration let his or her certification lapse, or the police officer was not properly trained to administer Breathalyzer tests.
- Your BAC was based on a blood sample that was contaminated or there was no proper chain of custody for your blood test.
- You were having a diabetic incident, a seizure, or another non-alcohol-related medical episode.
If the prosecutor will not dismiss your Extreme DUI case, they may agree to reduce the Extreme DUI to a regular DUI, particularly when there are issues raised regarding the accuracy of the BAC results. In some cases, the prosecution may be so lacking in evidence against you that your attorney can have the charges dropped altogether.
If You are Charged with Extreme DUI in Arizona, How Can the Ciccarelli Law Offices Help You?
If you are facing extreme DUI charges after an arrest, we can help. At Ciccarelli Law Offices, our Phoenix DUI Defense lawyers are passionate about representing individuals accused of DUI across the state of Arizona. We want to talk with you to help you better understand your legal options, so we can fight these serious charges. Let Attorneys Lee Ciccarelli and his team represent you after being arrested and charged with extreme DUI. We have extensive experience dealing with these types of complex DUI cases in Phoenix and throughout the state of Arizona.
You need a Phoenix DUI defense lawyer that is there for you when you need them most. Call us today!