Scottsdale Assault & Battery Attorney
If you or somebody you care about is facing charges of assault and battery in Scottsdale or the surrounding areas in Arizona, you need to speak to an attorney from Ciccarelli Law Offices as soon as possible. A conviction of these charges can result in significant consequences. Our team of attorneys are here to help if you need a Scottsdale assault and battery attorney by your side. We understand Arizona laws related to assault and aggravated assault, and we are standing by to conduct a complete investigation into the situation.
Choose the Ciccarelli Law Offices for Help With Your Case
- At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, every one of our attorneys is dedicated to looking out for the best interests of our clients, and we are tenacious advocates both in and out of the courtroom.
- We focus on providing a client-centered approach to every case that we take. This means that we take the time to listen to our clients’ stories as we formulate their case strategies.
- We are dedicated to fighting for the rights of those whose liberty is in jeopardy, and we have a track record of success in helping clients in Arizona and throughout the U.S.
- Our attorneys are dedicated to fight and driven to serve
Lee Ciccarelli leads a team of attorneys with years of experience. We understand the implications and consequences of an assault and battery case.
What Will an Assault and Battery Attorney Do?
An attorney will be responsible for handling every aspect of these cases on behalf of their client. Instead of relying solely on the information presented by law enforcement officials and prosecutors, our Chandler criminal defense attorneys and others across the state of Arizona will conduct an independent investigation into the incident in order to formulate their defense strategy. In these situations, an attorney can work to show the following:
- That the defendant was protecting themselves or their property when the alleged assault occurred
- That the defendant had no intention of committing an assault or that they did not actually commit an assault at all
- That no person was actually harmed due to the actions of the defendant
Additionally, an attorney will examine every aspect of the arrest and investigation procedures of the law enforcement officials involved. Police procedural errors occur all the time, and these errors can help an attorney get the charges against their client dismissed altogether.
Understanding Assault and Battery in Scottsdale
Most people do not realize that assault in Arizona can be charged as either a misdemeanor or a felony. In this state, the charge of “simple assault” is described under A.R.S. 13-1203. This misdemeanor offense will apply in the following situations:
- If one person puts someone else in fear of bodily harm
- If one person touches someone else in a way intended to cause injuries
- If there is actual physical harm caused to somebody else
The charge of “aggravated assault” is described under A.R.S. 13-1204. This is a much more serious offense, and a person could face anywhere from a Class 2 felony to a Class 6 felony. If any of the following apply, a person could face aggravated assault charges:
- The victim sustained a serious physical injury
- The victim of the assault was restrained and unable to defend themselves
- The assault occurred with a deadly weapon
- The victim sustained temporary but serious disfigurement or fractured bone
- The assault occurred inside of a person’s private residence
- The victim was protected under the law and carried out official duties, including a police officer, prison guard, medical official, firefighter, teacher, etc.
If your charge is related to a domestic situation, please call our Chandler domestic violence attorneys immediately.
Call a Scottsdale Assault and Battery Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been arrested and charged with assault or aggravated assault in or around the Scottsdale area, reach out to the team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices as soon as possible. We have extensive experience handling complex criminal defense cases in Arizona and throughout the U.S., and we are ready to get to work on your behalf today. We have the resources necessary to investigate every aspect of these cases, and our goal is to get the charges against you reduced or dismissed altogether. When you need a Scottsdale assault and battery attorney, take action and contact us immediately. At Ciccarelli Law Offices, your Success is our Mission.