DUI Penalties in Scottsdale, AZ
Many of us live with the delusion that criminal prosecution is for someone else in another place and certainly not intended for us in Scottsdale. Scottsdale Arizona may not be perfect, but it is a great place that for many represents the success and wealth of our hard work and allows us to celebrate. Beyond this realm is the reality of stiff DUI penalties in the state of Arizona can be particularly harsh even in Scottsdale Arizona. Oh yes, the police in Scottsdale Arizona are well trained and expert in their ability to investigate and prosecute drunk driving charges. Now is the time for action. Now is the time for finding the best dui lawyers in Scottsdale Arizona if you are facing a regular dui, Extreme DUI, Super Extreme DUI, or an Aggravated DUI.
If you are stopped in Scottsdale with a Blood Alcohol Level (BAC) of .08 percent or higher you are facing prosecution. You can also get charged in Scottsdale Arizona if you are accused by law enforcement of being in danger to yourself or others because of your driving, even if your BAC is below 0.08 percent.
If you or a loved one is facing charges, get the team. Look for the best Scottsdale DUI lawyers and start with calling Ciccarelli Law Office. You need dui lawyers that have experience, knowledge, skills, and compassion for the situation you currently find yourself in. We understand that good people sometimes make mistakes, and we want to ensure your mistake doesn’t completely derail your future.
Why You Should Choose the Ciccarelli Law Offices DUI Team for Your Scottsdale, AZ DUI Charges
We understand that you have many different choices when choosing a DUI attorney. We believe you, your family, and your future will benefit when that choice is the Ciccarelli Law Offices. Why choose our law firm?
- With more than one hundred combined years of criminal defense experience, we have helped hundreds of clients just like you who are anxious, stressed, even frightened about their future following DUI charges.
- We understand that anxiety as the penalties for DUI can not only affect your freedom and your bank account, but they can also affect you for many years to come as you attempt to obtain employment.
- We have the courage and conviction to truly make a difference in your DUI charges.
- Lee Ciccarelli and the entire DUI team will be there for you at a time when you need them the most.
- Our attorneys have extensive experience handling complex DUI cases as well as deep knowledge regarding the DUI laws in the state of Arizona.
- We know exactly what it takes to help our clients get to the other side of their DUI charges in the best way possible so they can get back to living their lives.
- We are aggressive, reasonable, thoughtful, and determined at a time when you need all those qualities in your Scottsdale, AZ DUI team.
DUI Penalties in the State of Arizona
The penalties you will face for your Scottsdale, Arizona DUI will vary depending on what type of DUI you are charged with, and whether this is your first offense, second offense, or subsequent offense. Below are the DUI penalties for different levels of DUI:
- Standard DUI with a 0.08 percent BAC, First Offense: Up to 10 days in jail, fines of $1,500 or more, drug and alcohol screening and counseling, a suspension of your driver’s license from 90 days up to one year, mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device on your vehicle for up to twelve months, and you will have to pay up to $1,500 for the device.
- Standard DUI with a 0.08 percent BAC, Second Offense: Up to 90 days in jail with eligibility for home detention after six days, up to $3,500 in fines and fees plus monitoring fee and jail/home detention costs, drug and alcohol screening, and counseling, a suspension of your driver’s license for one year, mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device on your vehicle for one year (and you will have to pay up to $1,500 for the device), and thirty hours of community service.
- Extreme DUI with a 0.15 percent BAC, First Offense: Thirty days in jail with eligibility for home detention after two days, up to $3,000 in fines, fees, and assessments plus a monitoring fee and home detention/jail costs. You will be required to undergo drug and alcohol screening and counseling, your driver’s license will be suspended for a period of 90 days, you will be required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle for 12 months and you will be required to pay up to $1,500 for the device.
- Extreme DUI with a 0.15 percent BAC, Second Offense: You could spend up to 120 days in jail for a second offense Extreme DUI with home detention eligibility after 24 days. Your fines could be higher than $5,000 when adding in jail/home detention costs and the monitoring fee. You will have your driver’s license suspended for one year, be required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle for twelve months—and pay up to $1,500 for the device—you will undergo drug and alcohol screening and counseling and will be sentenced to 30 hours of community service.
- Super Extreme DUI with 0.20 percent BAC, First Offense: For this level of DUI, you will be sentenced to 45 days in jail, but will be eligible for home detention after three days. Your fines and fees could be as much as $5,000 when you add jail and home detention costs, monitoring fees, and the fees for the ignition interlock device. You will undergo drug and alcohol screening and counseling, your driver’s license will be suspended for 18 months, and you will be required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle for 18 months.
- Super Extreme DUI with a 0.20 percent BAC, Second Offense: If you are charged with Super Extreme DUI, Second Offense you are facing up to six months in jail, with home detention eligibility after 36 days. Your fines could be as much as $10,000 when you factor in jail and home detention costs, the monitoring fee, and the fee for your ignition interlock device. Your driver’s license will be revoked for a year, you will have an ignition interlock device for 24 months, you will be sentenced to community service, and you will be required to undergo drug and alcohol screening and counseling.
How an Attorney from the Ciccarelli Law Offices Can Help You with Your DUI Charges
At Ciccarelli Law Offices, our Scottsdale DUI Defense lawyers are passionate about representing individuals accused of DUI across the state. We know that this is a terrifying time and we work tirelessly to protect your rights and freedom at every turn. Attorney Lee Ciccarelli and his team can help you through the DUI process. We have considerable experience representing Scottsdale drivers just like you!
You deserve a Scottsdale DUI defense lawyer that is there for you when you need them most. Call us today!