Tempe DUI Defense Attorney
Law enforcement officials in and around the Tempe area take cases involving driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs very seriously. If you or somebody you care about has been charged with DUI, your next phone call needs to be to the Ciccarelli Law Offices. Our Tempe DUI defense attorneys have extensive experience handling these charges, and we know what it takes to investigate the situation and stand up to aggressive prosecutors in court. Our team will assist you with handling the criminal charges as well as the situation surrounding your driving privileges. We want to make sure that you are able to continue supporting yourself and your family.
Why Choose Ciccarelli Law Offices?
- The attorneys at the Ciccarelli Law Offices strive to provide a client-focused approach to every case that we take. We treat every client charged with DUI as an individual and listen to their goals and needs.
- We bring an aggressive approach to handling these cases, which means we fight tooth and nail against prosecutors and law enforcement agencies.
- We provide our services at reasonable rates so that clients have access to skilled legal assistance in these situations.
What an Attorney Will Do to Help
A DUI defense attorney is going to be an invaluable asset in these cases. A skilled Tempe DUI attorney will use their resources to conduct a full investigation into the case. An attorney will gather all the evidence being used by law enforcement officials and prosecutors to support the charges, including dash cam or body cam footage of the incident, the results of field sobriety tests, the results of blood alcohol content tests, and more.
An attorney will also conduct an independent investigation to ensure that the evidence was gathered appropriately, that all tests were conducted probably, and any machines used to measure blood alcohol levels were correctly calibrated.
DUI Charges in Tempe Must Be Taken Seriously
In the state of Arizona, there are varying levels of DUI charges that a person can face, and these levels depend on the amount of alcohol in a person’s system. When we turn to A.R.S. 28-1381, we can see the following DUI charges that could apply:
- Regular DUI – if a person’s BAC is between .08% to .149%.
- Extreme DUI – if a person’s BAC is between .15% and .19%.
- Super Extreme DUI – if a person’s BAC is between .20% and higher.
Additionally, any person under the age of 21 can be charged with DUI if they have any alcohol in their system, even if it is below the legally allowable level.
The penalties for a regular DUI (first-time offenders) include the following:
- Up to 10 days in jail
- Fines ranging around $1,500 (plus other assessments)
- License suspension
- Requirement for 12 months of an ignition interlock device
Any person charged with a second or subsequent DUI offense will face increased penalties. Additionally, any person charged with an Extreme or Super Extreme DUI offense will also face enhanced penalties, regardless of whether or not they have had a DUI charge before.
Contact a Tempe DUI Defense Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love is facing DUI charges in or around the Tempe area, reach out to the team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices for help immediately. Our attorneys need to step in and deal with law enforcement officials and prosecutors as soon as possible. We have the resources necessary to fully investigate the charges you are facing, and our team will handle all communication with other parties involved. Our goal is to help you get these charges reduced or dismissed so that you can get back to living your life and supporting yourself and your family. Contact our Tempe DUI defense lawyers today.