Chandler Domestic Violence Attorney
Domestic violence offenses are taken seriously by law enforcement officials and prosecutors in the Chandler area. Any person who is facing a domestic violence charge in Arizona needs to work with a skilled Chandler criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, our team is standing by to help if you need a Chandler domestic violence attorney by your side. We have the resources necessary to ensure that your rights are upheld throughout this entire process. Our goal is to fully investigate the case and help get the charges against you reduced or dismissed so that you can get back to some sense of normalcy in your life.
Why Choose A Chandler Domestic Violence Lawyer From Ciccarelli Law Offices?
- At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, we pride ourselves on being a team of aggressive attorneys who work together to build the strongest possible cases for each client.
- All of our attorneys have their clients’ best interests in mind, and we have no problem taking the case to trial if necessary.
- Attorney Lee Ciccarelli is recognized as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers Association and every attorney at our firm strives for excellence and professionalism.
How Serious Are Domestic Violence Charges in Chandler?
As in other states, domestic violence is not an actual statute under Arizona law. Rather, domestic violence is an enhancement to other crimes that occur under AZ statutes. In order for another type of charge to be enhanced to a domestic violence offense, the alleged crime has to have happened between a person and someone else that they have (or had) a domestic relationship. This can include a person committing violent acts against their:
- Spouse or ex-spouse
- A current or former partner
- Child’s other parents
When we look specifically at Arizona Revised Statute § 13-1601, we see a list of specific types of abusive behaviors that could result in a domestic violence enhancement. This includes the following:
The penalties associated with a domestic violence charge typically follow the charges associated with whichever misdemeanor or felony offense a person is facing. In Arizona, misdemeanor assault charges are typically Class 1 misdemeanor offenses that could result in a person facing up to six months in jail and fines up to $2,500.
Assault and battery in Chandler offenses could result in a person facing a felony charge, which carries a significant prison sentence and a fine of up to $150,000.
What Does a Chandler Domestic Violence Defense Lawyer Do?
A domestic violence defense attorney in Chandler is going to be an invaluable asset for any person facing these charges. Not only will an attorney handle the underlying charges related to what happened, but they will also handle the domestic violence enhancements attached to the charge.
An attorney can use their resources and legal expertise to build various defenses that could be applied to the case. Some of these defenses include the following:
- Showing that it was unreasonable for the supposed victim to having been frightened or think they would have been the victim of physical harm in the situation.
- Show that the person charged with domestic violence was actually defending themselves from a violent situation initiated by the alleged victim.
- Show that their client is the victim of false allegations.
Call Our Chandler Domestic Violence Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about is facing domestic violence charges in the Chandler area, reach out to the team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices for help as soon as possible. Our team has the resources necessary to fully investigate the charges against you, and we have no problem taking on aggressive prosecutors to ensure that your rights are upheld. When you need a Chandler domestic violence defense attorney, contact us today or call (480) 725-6132 so we can get to work on your case immediately.