Chandler Sexual Assault Attorney
Charges related to sexual assault can be devastating and result in consequences that last a lifetime. If you or somebody you love has been arrested and is facing charges related to sexual assault, you need to speak to a skilled attorney as soon as possible. At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, our Chandler sexual assault attorneys have extensive experience handling these cases, and we know what it takes to help clients achieve the best possible outcome in these situations. We are not afraid to stand up to aggressive prosecutors as we work to get these charges reduced or dismissed on your behalf.
Why Choose A Chandler Sexual Assault ATtorney From Ciccarelli Law Offices?
- When you turn to the Ciccarelli Law Offices, you are gaining the assistance of an experienced team of litigators who have no problem taking on aggressive prosecutors.
- Our Chandler criminal defense lawyers have experience helping those charged with crimes in Arizona and throughout the U.S., and we have a track record of success.
- We work to provide our services at reasonable fees so that every person has access to affordable skilled legal assistance when they are facing serious charges.
What Are The Consequences of a Sexual Assault Conviction in Chandler?
In the state of Arizona, there is no official statute regarding “rape.” Instead, what we see are these crimes referred to as sexual assaults. We can find the statute specifically surrounding sexual assault in Arizona in A.R.S. 13-1406. When we look at this law, we can see that sexual assault involves the non-consensual penetration of the vagina, anus, mouth, or penis of another individual. The act of sexual assault can be committed using a body part or a foreign object.
In the state of Arizona, we do want to note that no person under the age of 18 is allowed to legally consent to sexual contact. Any person over the age of 18 who engages in sexual relations with a minor can be charged with statutory rape, even if the relations are consensual.
Any person charged and convicted of sexual assault in Chandler, Arizona, could face serious consequences. Some of the possible sentences for sexual assault include 5.25 to 28 years in prison; the length of the sentence depends on the facts related to each particular case and whether or not a person has any previous convictions. Additionally, any person convicted of sexual assault will be required to register as a sex offender for the remainder of their life in Arizona. However, our Chandler sexual assault lawyers are prepared to handle any number of these cases.
Why Let A Chandler Sexual Assault Attorney Handle Your Case?
A skilled criminal defense attorney is absolutely necessary to handle sexual assault charges. An attorney can use their resources and legal expertise to thoroughly investigate the charges a person is facing and formulate the best possible defense strategy moving forward.
For a sexual assault case, there are various possible defenses that an attorney may use. This can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- That the defendant had an alibi at the time of the alleged incident
- That the defendant is a victim of mistaken identity
- That the sexual encounter was consensual
- That the victim misrepresented their age (in instances of statutory sexual assault)
- That the defendant was falsely accused, including accusations made by a former partner or malicious spouse
- That there was no actual physical contact at all.
Call a Chandler Sexual Assault Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has been charged with sexual assault in or around the Chandler area, reach out to the team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices as soon as possible. Our attorneys need to get involved quickly so that we can handle all communication with law enforcement officials and prosecutors. Let us use our resources to investigate the claims against you and begin putting together our defense strategy. If your case involves a domestic dispute our Chandler domestic violence attorneys will also have your back both in and out of the courtroom. Contact us or call (480) 725-6132 today.