Chandler DUI Penalties Lawyer
DUI penalties in the state of Arizona can be particularly harsh. Not only will you suffer these harsh penalties for a “regular” DUI, but there are also varying levels of DUI—Extreme DUI, Aggravated DUI, CDL DUI—for which the penalties are even harsher.
While the “normal” BAC level in Arizona is like most states—0.08 percent—those under the age of 21 and CDL drivers have even lower limits. Arizona also has a category of DUI that allows law enforcement to charge you with a DUI offense because they (subjectively) judged you were a danger to yourself or others because of your driving, even if your BAC is below 0.08 percent.
The laws in the state are complex, therefore, require a highly experienced Chandler DUI defense attorney that is knowledgeable regarding these laws. The DUI team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices has experience, knowledge, skills, and compassion for the situation you currently find yourself in. We understand that good people sometimes make mistakes, and we want to ensure your mistake doesn’t completely derail your future.
Why You Should Choose the Ciccarelli Law Offices DUI Team for Your Chandler, AZ DUI Charges
We understand that you have many different choices when choosing a DUI attorney. We believe you, your family, and your future will benefit when that choice is the Ciccarelli Law Offices. Why choose our law firm?
- With more than one hundred combined years of criminal defense experience, we have helped hundreds of clients just like you who are anxious, stressed, even frightened about their future following DUI charges.
- We understand that anxiety as the penalties for DUI can not only affect your freedom and your bank account, but they can also affect you for many years to come as you attempt to obtain employment.
- We have the courage and conviction to truly make a difference in your DUI charges.
- Lee Ciccarelli and the entire DUI team will be there for you at a time when you need them the most.
- Our Chandler criminal defense attorneys have extensive experience handling complex DUI cases as well as deep knowledge regarding the DUI laws in the state of Arizona.
- We know exactly what it takes to help our clients get to the other side of their DUI charges in the best way possible so they can get back to living their lives.
- We are aggressive, reasonable, thoughtful, and determined at a time when you need all those qualities in your Chandler DUI team.
What Are The DUI Penalties in Chandler?
The penalties you will face for your Chandler, Arizona DUI will vary depending on what type of DUI you are charged with, and whether this is your first offense, second offense, or subsequent offense. Below are the DUI penalties for different levels of DUI:
- Standard DUI with a 0.08 percent BAC, First Offense: Up to 10 days in jail, fines of $1,500 or more, drug and alcohol screening and counseling, a suspension of your driver’s license from 90 days up to one year, mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device on your vehicle for up to twelve months, and you will have to pay up to $1,500 for the device.
- Standard DUI with a 0.08 percent BAC, Second Offense: Up to 90 days in jail with eligibility for home detention after six days, up to $3,500 in fines and fees plus monitoring fee and jail/home detention costs, drug and alcohol screening, and counseling, a suspension of your driver’s license for one year, mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device on your vehicle for one year (and you will have to pay up to $1,500 for the device), and thirty hours of community service.
- Extreme DUI with a 0.15 percent BAC, First Offense: Thirty days in jail with eligibility for home detention after two days, up to $3,000 in fines, fees, and assessments plus a monitoring fee and home detention/jail costs. You will be required to undergo drug and alcohol screening and counseling, your driver’s license will be suspended for a period of 90 days, you will be required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle for 12 months and you will be required to pay up to $1,500 for the device.
- Extreme DUI with a 0.15 percent BAC, Second Offense: You could spend up to 120 days in jail for a second offense Extreme DUI with home detention eligibility after 24 days. Your fines could be higher than $5,000 when adding in jail/home detention costs and the monitoring fee. You will have your driver’s license suspended for one year, be required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle for twelve months—and pay up to $1,500 for the device—you will undergo drug and alcohol screening and counseling and will be sentenced to 30 hours of community service.
- Super Extreme DUI with 0.20 percent BAC, First Offense: For this level of DUI, you will be sentenced to 45 days in jail, but will be eligible for home detention after three days. Your fines and fees could be as much as $5,000 when you add jail and home detention costs, monitoring fees, and the fees for the ignition interlock device. You will undergo drug and alcohol screening and counseling, your driver’s license will be suspended for 18 months, and you will be required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle for 18 months.
- Super Extreme DUI with a 0.20 percent BAC, Second Offense: If you are charged with Super Extreme DUI, Second Offense you are facing up to six months in jail, with home detention eligibility after 36 days. Your fines could be as much as $10,000 when you factor in jail and home detention costs, the monitoring fee, and the fee for your ignition interlock device. Your driver’s license will be revoked for a year, you will have an ignition interlock device for 24 months, you will be sentenced to community service, and you will be required to undergo drug and alcohol screening and counseling.
Contact A Chandler DUI Penalties Lawyer Today!
At Ciccarelli Law Offices, our Chandler DUI Defense lawyers are passionate about representing individuals accused of DUI across the state. We know that this is a terrifying time and we work tirelessly to protect your rights and freedom at every turn. Attorney Lee Ciccarelli can help you through the DUI process. We have considerable experience representing Chandler drivers just like you!
You deserve a Chandler DUI defense lawyer that is there for you when you need them most. Contact us or call (480) 725-6132 today!