Phoenix Weapons & Firearms Crime Defense Attorney
Guns and Ammo magazine recently named Arizona the best state for owning a gun based on a perceived lack of restrictions on open carry laws, not requiring a permit, allowing possession of “black” firearms — those commonly referred to as assault rifles or with more aggressive-looking superficial body styles — reciprocity with other states in terms of accepting permits, allowance of items such as suppressors, aka silencers, availability of shooting ranges and clubs and Castle rules, or the restrictions on defending oneself. That may be the case, but Arizona also has very strict and serious penalties for violations. If you are facing gun, firearms, or weapons charges in Phoenix Arizona, act now in obtaining the instrument of your defense: experienced criminal defense lawyers at Ciccarelli Law Offices. Contact us now whether you are under suspicion, or the State of Arizona is targeting you and accusing you of crimes in the greater Phoenix metro area and the Valley of the Sun including Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert & Scottsdale.
There are numerous weapons charges that a person can face in Arizona. Regardless of the charge, if you or somebody you know has been arrested for a weapons or firearms violation, please contact the team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices for help as soon as possible. Our Phoenix weapons and firearms crime defense attorneys can investigate the charges against you, work with prosecutors, and move towards a path to get the charges against you reduced or dismissed.
Phoenix Weapons Lawyers Ready to Fight Back for You. Contact us Now.
Lee Ciccarelli leads a team that brings critical experience in defending weapons and firearms charges in Arizona. Recognized by peers as Super Lawyers and our clients with Hundreds of Five Star Reviews, we know how serious and devastating a Phoenix Arizona criminal investigation, prosecution, and/or conviction will be involving gun charges. Of course, you are looking for the best gun crimes lawyer you can afford in the Phoenix metro area and a team that is available for you and your family when you need them the most. At Ciccarelli Law Offices, your Success is Our Mission.
Phoenix Criminal Defense Attorney: Ready to Fight and a Free Case Evaluation
Now is the time for action. Now is the time to make a difference. If you or a family member is facing gun charges in Phoenix or coming to terms with an arrest or incarceration pending bail, action is required. We understand that you are looking for the best Phoenix criminal lawyer for you and one that is respected and feared by the prosecutors. Contact us now for a Free Case Evaluation.
Why the Ciccarelli Law Offices Is Your Best Choice for Help
- At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, we are an aggressive team of attorneys who work together to build the strongest possible defense for every client that we take.
- Every attorney at our firm is dedicated to looking out for the best interests of the clients, and we are tenacious and zealous advocates that work to ensure fairness.
- Lee Ciccarelli and the legal team of Ciccarelli Law Offices strive to provide the legal service people need at a reasonable fee.
Understanding Weapons and Firearms Charges in Phoenix
There are various weapons and firearms charges that a person in the Phoenix area could face, including the following:
- Misconduct involving weapons (A.R.S. 13-3102). Under this law, we can see that there are various ways that a person could be charged, including:
- Possessing a firearm with the serial number removed
- Possessing a sawed-off shotgun with a barrel under 18 inches
- A violent crime committed while carrying a gun
- Possessing an illegally modified gun
- A convicted felon or illegal alien possessing a firearm
- Unlawful discharge of firearms (A.R.S. 13-3107). This law states that it is illegal to discharge a firearm in a criminally negligent way inside a municipality
- Disorderly conduct with a weapon (A.R.S. 13-2904). Individuals can face disorderly conduct with a weapon if they knowingly and recklessly handle, display, or discharge a firearm with the intention of disturbing the peace.
- Drive-by shooting (A.R.S. 13-1209). A drive-by shooting is a serious crime, and a person could face these charges if they intentionally discharge a firearm from a motor vehicle at another person, an occupied structure, or an occupied vehicle.
How Will an Attorney Benefit Your Case?
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the weapons and firearms charge in question, a person could be facing up to 21 years in prison if they are convicted. An experienced Phoenix criminal defense lawyer will be able to investigate every aspect of the alleged weapons charge and formulate a solid defense strategy. Some of the possible defenses that could be used in these cases include the following:
- There was insufficient evidence to prove the charges
- That law enforcement authorities did not properly conduct their investigation
- That the person charged did not have the intention of committing the crime
- The case was related to self-defense
Call a Phoenix Weapons & Firearms Crime Defense Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love is facing a weapons or firearms charge in or around the Phoenix area, contact the team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices as soon as possible. We have the experience and resources necessary to fully investigate these charges and defend you in court. Our Phoenix weapons and firearms crime defense attorney will leave no stone unturned when working to ensure you are treated fairly by all parties involved. At Ciccarelli Law Offices, your Success is Our Mission.