Questions to Ask Your Pennsylvania Murder Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with murder in the state of Pennsylvania, you are facing the most serious charges in the state, with the most serious penalties—including the death penalty. Because of this you need the most experienced Pennsylvania murder defense attorney by your side from start to finish. You need an attorney who will fight hard for your rights and who really cares about your story and your future. Most people never envision facing charges of murder, and it can be an extremely difficult time. Everyone makes mistakes during their lives, however in some cases a one-time poor personal choice can result in a situation taking an unexpected turn for the worst—with serious consequences.
Facing Murder Charges in Pennsylvania
Learn about Pennsylvania murder defense lawyers in Chester County Pennsylvania and what to do if you or a loved one is facing accusations or criminal homicide charges. Facing homicide and murder allegations is a pivotable moment in a person’s life. Is it the time to reach out to an inexperienced criminal attorney or a former prosecutor who touts his convictions but lacks experience gaining murder acquittals? Before it’s too late, call our team. Facing murder charges anywhere in Pennsylvania and need help, call the Ciccarelli Legal Team at (610) 692-8700.
Getting the Best Defense where you are facing Murder Charges
Reach out to the Ciccarelli Legal Team, when you are facing a murder charges in the greater Philadelphia metro area, including Chester County, Bucks County, Delaware County, Lancaster County, Montgomery County and throughout Pennsylvania. Then ask yourself, why you are not calling now and scheduling a time to meet with the team. Call now at (610) 692-8700.
Our team of lawyers at Ciccarelli Law Offices is ready to fight for you. When the threat of prosecution for homicide and murder is real, you need to look for the best options and find a top murder defense team serving Chester County and beyond. Based in West Chester (Chester County) in the Philadelphia Metro Area, the Ciccarelli Legal Team defends the rights of murder and homicide defendants throughout Pennsylvania.
Questions to Ask before you Hire your Criminal Lawyer in Chester County PA
While other felony charges are also very serious, charges such as drug charges, DUIs, assault charges or charges of burglary will cause you problems but will rarely derail the remainder of your life. In other words, this is no time to be without knowledgeable representation—and no time to make a hasty decision when it comes to hiring a Pennsylvania murder defense attorney. During your initial consultation with your prospective attorney, consider asking some of the following questions to ensure you are hiring the very best attorney for your situation:
- How many murder cases have you defended in a jury trial? The amount of experience the attorney has with actual murder cases will have a huge bearing on your own case. As is the number of cases he or she has defended versus prosecuted. Do not just assume the attorney you are speaking with has tried many murder cases or has tried many murder cases defending the rights of the assumed simply because he or she is a criminal defense attorney or a former prosecutor. Murder cases—particularly first-degree murder cases require a specialized set of skills, and in the state of Pennsylvania, any attorney who takes on a murder case where the death penalty is a possibility must be a certified capital murder attorney. The more a person does something, the better they become at it—and being an attorney is no exception.
- How much trial experience do you have? This is crucial, particularly if you have no intention of accepting a plea deal, rather want your day in court. Although attorneys should always go into a case with the assumption they will be trying the case before a jury and/or judge, not all attorneys prepare in that manner. If your attorney is not well-seasoned in defending murder trials specifically, you may not receive the best defense possible, and may end up with an even worse outcome than you expected.
- Can you explain your fee structure to me? Although money may not be what you want to be talking about during this very difficult time, it is important to be informed about the costs, any extra fees involved in the case, and whether you can make payments to the attorney or must come up with all the money up front. Of course, you want the very best attorney possible, however you must also work within your budget, and the most expensive attorney is not always the best one for you.
Once you have spent some time with each attorney on your list, consider the following issues before you make a final decision:
- Does the attorney have a good reputation in the community? The answer to this question could come from talking to others who have been represented by the attorney, or determining whether he or she has a good or excellent rating with Avvo or Martindale-Hubbell. If the attorney has been recognized by Super Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyer or earned other such accolades, then it is likely they have a stellar reputation.
- Were you treated with respect and dignity when you spoke with the attorney? After all, this is your future and your life—you deserve honesty and straightforward answers.
- Did you feel like the attorney was a person you could put your trust—and your future—in?
When you have asked a prospective Pennsylvania murder defense attorney the questions listed above, then have answered the questions regarding how you felt about the attorney and whether his or her reputation is exemplary, you can then begin to choose the very best attorney for you and your situation.
Get the right Defense When facing Pennsylvania First Degree Murder Charges
When you or a loved one is facing first degree murder allegations or charges, gain the benefit and experience of the Ciccarelli Legal Team. The Ciccarelli Legal Team has years of experience defending clients, demanding justice and fighting for acquittals. Our team is ready to represent you when you are facing homicide and murder charges in Pennsylvania. We are based in based in suburban Philadelphia and serve clients throughout Pennsylvania. Contact us at (610) 692-8700.