West Chester Marijuana Cultivating Lawyer
It is not a science experiment and it is not legal: Police prosecute the possession and cultivating of Marijuana Plants in communities throughout Pennsylvania, like West Chester, Oxford, Lancaster, or Exton. The seriousness of the marijuana offense increases with the number of plants.
The growing of marijuana or cannabis in a home, on a farm, or other premises is serious and can lead jail time under both Pennsylvania and Federal Sentencing Guidelines. Whether you are charged with possession of 10 to 100 pounds, your penalties could involve life without parole. If you have over 25 pounds in your possession, you may be charged with trafficking.
Unlike marijuana possession charges where the issue of personal use is a factor in how the case is prosecuted, the issue of “personal use” is not considered in manufacturing or cultivating cases. If an individual is charged with cultivating marijuana plants in Chester County, it is not a defense to argue that the plants were being grown for personal use.
Serious Marijuana Cultivation Penalties
In fact, the number of marijuana “buds” or plants found impacts the severity of the penalty. In Pennsylvania, growing even one plant is a felony offense.
- Possession of 10 to 21 marijuana plants is a felony punishable with a mandatory 1 year sentence and a $5,000 fine. The penalty may be doubled if the conviction is a second or subsequent offense.
- Possession of 22 to 51 marijuana plants is a felony and will be punished with a mandatory 3 year sentence and a $15,000 fine. The penalty may be doubled if the conviction is a second or subsequent offense.
- Possession of more than 51 marijuana plants is a felony and will be punished with a mandatory 5 year sentence and a $50,000 fine. The penalty may be doubled if the conviction is a second or subsequent offense.
- Possession of 2 to 10 pounds of Marijuana from cultivating or growing marijuana can result in at least one year of prison and a fine up to $5,000.00. A Second or subsequent conviction is punishable by at least 2 years and up to $10,000.00 in fines.
- Possession of 10 to 50 pounds of Marijuana from cultivating or growing marijuana can result in at least three years of prison and a fine up to $15,000.00. A Second or subsequent conviction is punishable by at least 4 years and up to $30,000.00 in fines.
- Possession of more than 50 lbs of Marijuana from cultivating or growing marijuana can result in at least five year of prison and a fine up to $50,000.00.
Call Our Experienced West Chester Marijuana Cultivating Attorney
Contact the criminal defense lawyers at Ciccarelli Law Offices when you need a team to fight your Marijuana possession charges. We look forward to fighting for your rights before, during and after an arrest. Our reputation for successful defense strategy and tactics coupled with one-one-one client interaction makes us the Pennsylvania defense attorneys of choice for individuals facing serious felony and misdemeanor criminal charges.
We represent clients charged with such Canibus Marijuana Plant Offenses such as:
- Growing of Marijuana, Weed or Pot
- Possession of Marijuana Plants (s)
- Possession of Paraphernalia used for Canibus Cultivation
- Growing Marijuana Plants in field or concealed location
- Possession of Marijuana Plant in Dorm Room
Ciccarelli Law offices defends individuals and their families facing serious drug related offenses including drug and narcotics crimes, possession and delivery or trafficking crimes in Pennsylvania. Our Pennsylvania criminal defense attorneys over 30 years of experience with drug cases and we look to help clients avoid having these charges lead to serious jail time and a permanent mark on their criminal record.
For questions regarding your case or a for a free case consultation, contact our office at (610) 692-8700 or toll free at (877) 529-2422.