Philadelphia Prisoners Rights Attorney
You retain your rights even if you have to go to prison. The Philadelphia prisoners rights attorneys at the Ciccarelli Law Offices understand that people make mistakes. Sometimes, these mistakes are serious enough to land a person in prison or jail. When a person is incarcerated, it is true that they have to give up a number of the rights that they are used to, particularly their right to freedom for a certain period of time. However, no person serving time in jail or prison can be denied their fundamental human rights.
Why Choose Ciccarelli Law Offices For Your Case?
When you are dealing with something as serious as the violation of a person’s rights inside prison, you need an attorney with a sense of experience by your side.
- The attorneys at the Ciccarelli Law Offices understand the fear, anguish, and stress you or a loved one are experiencing in these situations.
- Our attorneys have a track record of success when it comes to standing up for the rights of those in jail or prison in and around the Philadelphia area.
- We have the resources necessary to conduct an extensive investigation into your case in order to determine exactly what happened, prove liability, and ensure you are properly compensated and cared for.
Philadelphia Prisoners Rights
There are various rights that individuals retain if they go to jail or prison in or around the Philadelphia area. Some of these rights include the following:
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of expression and communication
- Freedom from cruel and unusual punishment
- Freedom from arbitrary punishments
- Freedom from discrimination based on race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, or gender
- Availability of treatment for medical conditions
- Comfortable temperatures with sufficient ventilation and lighting
- Provisions for adequate personal hygiene
- Provisions for adequate nutrition
Prison & Jail Abuse
Aside from the violations of human rights mentioned above, there are other ways that rights can be violated in prison. This can include various types of abuses that occur inside of prison or jail. Sometimes, this abuse is verbal or non-verbal without rising to the physical level. This can include intimidation and threats from security personnel.
However, physical abuse, including sexual abuse, is also prevalent inside jails and prisons in Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania. Sometimes, corrections personnel could turn a blind eye to prisoners being abused. In some cases, officers engage in the abuse themselves. Some of the most common types of abuse claims that we help prisoners with include the following:
- Use of excessive force by corrections personnel
- Cruel and unusual punishment
- Illegal strip-searching
- Prison guard physical or sexual abuse
- Correctional officers ignoring abuse of inmates
- Failing to provide adequate medical care
Protecting the Rights of Victims
While prisoners may not have the same rights as individuals who are currently living free in society, they still deserve to have their human rights upheld. At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, our qualified and experienced team has been handling prisoners rights claims in Philadelphia for years, and we take these cases seriously. Sometimes, these claims require immediate investigation and prompt action, including obtaining as much documentation as possible before it can be destroyed. Our attorneys work with a team of investigators and support staff to look into every claim so that we can aggressively represent our clients to the best of our ability. When you need a Philadelphia prisoners rights attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here to calling (215) 228-0100.