A DUI conviction or being enrolled in the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program for a DUI charge in West Chester PA can significantly affect several aspects of your life. Not only will you likely face hefty fines, possible jail time, and the stigma of the charge itself, but you may also be wondering how a DUI conviction or ARD program will impact your car insurance rates. In this blog post, we’ll explore the effects of a DUI conviction and enrollment in the ARD program on your car insurance rates in West Chester PA.
- DUI Conviction: A DUI conviction in West Chester PA will almost certainly affect your car insurance rates. The severity of the impact will depend on your past driving history, the particular insurance company you use, and other factors, but in general, you can expect a substantial increase in your premiums. Some insurance companies may even choose to cancel your policy altogether if you have a DUI conviction on your record. The increase in rates can last several years, with some companies imposing higher premiums for up to a decade following a DUI conviction.
- ARD Program: If you enroll in the ARD program for a DUI charge in West Chester PA, you may be able to avoid some of the more severe consequences of a DUI conviction, such as jail time and a criminal record. As far as your car insurance rates go, being in the ARD program will not have as much of an impact as a DUI conviction. However, you may still see a moderate increase in your premiums. Some insurance companies may also impose restrictions on your coverage while you’re in the ARD program.
- Pennsylvania State Law: In Pennsylvania, car insurance companies are required by law to consider various factors when determining rates, including driving record, age, gender, and location, among others. However, there is no specific law that dictates how a DUI conviction or enrollment in the ARD program should affect car insurance rates. Insurance companies have the right to charge higher premiums or even cancel policies altogether if they feel that a driver’s DUI history makes them too much of a risk.
- Shopping Around: If you have a DUI on your record or are enrolled in the ARD program, your current car insurance company may no longer be the best fit for you. It’s essential to shop around and compare rates from multiple companies to find the best coverage and rates for your situation. Some insurance companies specialize in high-risk drivers, so it’s worth seeking out these companies to see if they can offer you better rates than your current insurance provider.
- Other Strategies: Along with shopping around for insurance policies, there are other strategies you can use to lower your premiums following a DUI conviction or ARD program enrollment. These include taking a defensive driving course, installing a breathalyzer device in your car, and maintaining a clean driving record following your DUI case. By taking these steps, you can show your insurance company that you’re serious about being a responsible driver, which may help lower your rates over time.
In conclusion, a DUI conviction or ARD enrollment can have significant effects on your car insurance rates in West Chester PA. While the severity of the impact may vary, it’s essential to be prepared for higher premiums and potential policy cancellation. Shopping around for insurance, maintaining a clean driving record, and taking steps to improve your driving habits can all help mitigate the effects of a DUI conviction or ARD enrollment on your car insurance rates.
You need more than just one good DUI lawyer. You need the best. You need a team of experienced DUI lawyers fighting for you. Contact Lee Ciccarelli, and his team of West Chester, Pennsylvania DUI lawyers.Watch out. There’s a lot of former prosecutors boasting about their experience: experience putting people just like you behind bars. Instead, look to Lee Ciccarelli and his team with nearly 100 years of experience fighting for clients facing the penalties of a DUI.
Contact Chester County DUI Defense Attorney
It may be possible to fight your Pennsylvania DUI charge and win, but you’ll never know if you plead guilty without first exploring your options. Ciccarelli Law Offices can review your case to determine whether the local Pennsylvania district attorney’s case has weaknesses that are open to challenge. We will prepare each case as though it is going to trial to insure preparation and thorough understanding and will take the case to trial if you are not satisfied with the resolution that is offered. We strive to be zealous advocates and always try to obtain the best results for our clients.
We are based in West Chester PA (Chester County) in Suburban Philadelphia and represent individuals charged with Drunk Driving, DUI, Driving After Imbibing cases Throughout Pennsylvania including but not limited to Philadelphia, Lancaster, Allentown, Oxford Exton Phoenixville Parkesburg Malvern Coatesville Lionville Chesterbrook Devon Newtown Square Glen Mills Pottstown Downingtown Kennett Square King of Prussia Paoli and beyond.
You deserve a West Chester Pennsylvania DUI lawyer that is available when you need him, treats you with respect, and protects your rights vigorously. For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced Pennsylvania DUI Attorney at Ciccarelli Law Offices, by contacting us at (610) 692-8700 or toll free at (877) 529-2422.