In Pennsylvania, if you have been charged for a second time with Driving Under the Influence (DUI), you probably understand the severity of the charge. The more DUI offenses you have, the steeper the punishments. This charge can put your personal life and career at serious risk.
If you are found guilty in a second DUI case, you will be required to serve time, pay substantial fines, and have your license suspended, which will be recorded on your criminal record. West Chester, PA’s penalties can be harsh for a first DUI offense. A second can be so much more severe.
Ways that a Second Offense DUI in West Chester, PA, can Affect Your Future
Other than the most common worries about spending time in jail, there are ways your life could be seriously impacted by a second offense DUI conviction. Here are some of the more problematic issues:
- Employment Issues are one of the more common problems. Sometimes, because one must miss work to serve time, employers will refuse to hold jobs for the convicted. Other times, it can be that an employer does not want to hire someone who has a criminal record.
- Professional licensing can be impacted by criminal convictions. Often, they will be revoked or not issued in the case of Wester Chester DUI convictions.
- Educational opportunities can sometimes be forfeited since colleges and universities will not offer admission to people with a criminal record.
- Financial aid and grants can be affected if there is a criminal conviction.
- Extremely high insurance premiums may be required if it is even possible to obtain car insurance.
If you have been charged with a DUI, please remember you have not yet been convicted. And with the correct representation, you can fight those charges and quite possibly beat them with the help of a Pennsylvania DUI lawyer.
What can a DUI Attorney Do for You?
Your West Chester, Pennsylvania, DUI Lawyer has the experience to see the big picture. They will analyze every aspect of your case, particularly how the law enforcement officers working your case behaved. If mistakes are made, your legal team will find them.
Often experts are called in to dissect specific aspects of the case. Our team will look for things that will dispute the prosecution’s charges against you. If the officers took illegal liberties when searching your car or stopped you without probable cause, we will find it and possibly get the charges against you dismissed or, at the very least, reduced.
Contact West Chester, Pennsylvania’s best DUI Defense Attorney, for the Best Possible Outcome.
If you have been arrested for a second-offense DUI, contact the criminal defense lawyer in Pennsylvania from Ciccarelli Law Offices for a consultation. The prosecution began building their case the second you were charged. Do not waste any more time building yours.
Our resources, experience, determination, and qualified legal team are ready and waiting to seek out police missteps and holes in the prosecution’s case for your benefit. Our legal team has experts, and we are prepared to use them to keep you from being negatively impacted by your DUI second-offense arrest.