Domestic violence is a serious issue, and the City of West Chester takes it seriously. As a result, the legal system is geared to deal with domestic violence cases strictly. Charges for domestic violence violations range from simple assault to aggravated assault, and they come with severe penalties, including imprisonment, fines, and probation. If you or someone you know is facing domestic violence charges, it’s essential to hire an experienced, empathetic, and determined lawyer. In this blog post, we’ll explore what you could be charged with after a domestic disturbance in West Chester PA, the types of penalties you could face, and why Lee Ciccarelli is the right person to take on your case.
- What charges are possible after a domestic disturbance in West Chester PA?
The charges for a domestic violence offense vary from case to case, depending on the specifics of the incident and the parties involved. Here are some of the common charges you might face:
– Simple assault: This is the least serious domestic violence charge and typically involves minor injury or no injury at all. It could result in a maximum sentence of two years in prison.
– Aggravated assault: This charge involves more severe physical injury and could come with a prison sentence of up to 20 years.
– Strangulation: If the victim is choked or strangled, the defendant can be charged with suffocation or strangulation, which could result in a sentence of up to 10 years of imprisonment.
– Harassment: This charge applies to behavior that is meant to be threatening or disturbing, such as verbal abuse or stalking.
- What kind of penalties could you face?
The penalties for domestic violence offenses in West Chester PA are severe and can include the following:
– Imprisonment: Depending on the severity of the offense, you could face anything from a few months to several years in prison.
– Fines: You might be required to pay a penalty of up to several thousand dollars.
– Community service: You might be required to perform up to hundreds of hours of community service.
– Probation: You could be placed on probation for months to years.
- Why Lee Ciccarelli is the right lawyer for your West Chester PA domestic violence case?
Lee Ciccarelli is a leading criminal defense attorney with over 25 years of experience in domestic violence cases. His extensive knowledge of the law, combined with his dedication and empathy for his clients, makes him the best choice to represent you. Here are some of the reasons why Ciccarelli should be your lawyer for domestic violence charges:
– Expertise: Lee Ciccarelli has represented over 500 domestic violence clients, and he is highly experienced in dealing with these cases.
– Personal attention: Ciccarelli treats each client as an individual and works tirelessly to provide them with the best possible legal representation.
– Case results: Ciccarelli has a track record of achieving favorable outcomes for his clients.
– Professionalism: Ciccarelli is well-respected in the legal community for his professionalism and integrity.
Facing charges for domestic violence can be overwhelming and stressful, but with Lee Ciccarelli on your side, you can rest assured that you will have a dedicated, knowledgeable, and compassionate lawyer to represent you. Don’t wait, contact Lee Ciccarelli today for a consultation and see how he can help you through this difficult time.