Montgomery County DUI-Marijuana Attorney
With marijuana laws rapidly evolving in each state, it can be difficult to keep up with what is legal and what is illegal in the state of Pennsylvania. In every state, however, it is against the law to operate a motor vehicle under the influence of marijuana.
A DUI for marijuana in Montgomery County (MONTCO) could have serious ramifications. You could owe thousands of dollars in penalties and even face jail time. The DUI-marijuana defense attorneys at Ciccarelli Law Offices may be able to minimize the penalties you face after an arrest. Contact us today for a free, confidential consultation.
Why Do Clients Trust Us?
- Our DUI legal group has represented dozens of defendants in local court systems and District Attorney’s Offices. We have extensive trial experience in Montgomery County.
- Our lawyers are knowledgeable about alternative sentencing programs, such as the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition option. We will advocate for the best course of action for your particular DUI case.
- Our Montgomery County DUI defense lawyers believe in second chances. We do not judge clients for past mistakes. Instead, we protect their best interests and help them get back on their feet after legal problems such as a DUI for marijuana.
How Can Our DUI-Marijuana Defense Attorney Help?
Lee Ciccarelli has dedicated his professional life to helping others. His personal injury, criminal defense and DUI defense practices have helped hundreds of MONTCO residents move forward with their lives. He served around 10 years as a litigator at trial and negotiation tables during disputes and forums throughout Pennsylvania before founding Ciccarelli Law Offices. As your DUI-marijuana defense attorney, Lee could help your case in many ways.
- Break down the laws involved in your DUI-marijuana case
- Take care of hearings and communications with judges on your behalf
- Walk you through complex court processes
- Reduce the charges against you
- Convince the courts to dismiss your case due to lack of evidence
- Help you negotiate the best possible case outcome
Our firm believes in a personalized approach to DUI-marijuana defense. Each case and client is unique. Your criminal background, for example, could change the legal strategy. If you retain Ciccarelli Law Offices, you will tell your story to Lee or another one of our Montgomery County DUI lawyers. Then, we will work around the clock to secure the best results for your DUI-marijuana defense case.
DUI Penalties in Montgomery County
Receiving a conviction for DUI-marijuana in MONTCO, Pennsylvania could lead to several losses of freedom. You could lose your driver’s license for one year or longer. You may have to attend mandatory drug education courses and/or fulfill community service requirements. The courts could impose a sentence such as six months to a few years’ probation. You could also lose your physical freedom with a jail or prison sentence – especially if your DUI resulted in injuries to others.
The lowest DUI penalty in MONTCO is a misdemeanor with six months of probation, license loss and a $300 fine. The middle tier comes with up to six months in jail and fines of $500 to $5,000. DUI at the highest level could lead to six months in jail and/or $1,000 to $5,000 in fines for a first offense. Second and subsequent DUIs can come with much more significant penalties.
Defenses for DUI or Marijuana Charges
The rules surrounding marijuana-related driving under the influence (DUI) arrests and burdens of proof are vague. Unlike alcohol-related arrests, there is no legal limit to prove marijuana DUI. This could make it possible to fight your DUI-marijuana charge with defenses such as lack of probable cause for the stop, unlawful search and seizure or false test readings. Marijuana charge defenses could include wrong defendant, coercion, entrapment or police misconduct.
Contact Us Today
A conversation with a lawyer from Ciccarelli Law Offices could help you understand the best defense options in your case. Your lawyer may be able to reduce your DUI-marijuana charge to a lesser offense or negotiate a lighter sentence. A DUI attorney may also be able to convince the courts to drop the charge entirely. Consult with a defense attorney about your options today. Schedule a consultation online or call (610) 692-8700.