Phoenix Theft Attorney
In Phoenix, there are various types of charges a person can face related to theft. In these situations, the level of the charge and the severity of the penalties depend on the factors related to each case. At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, our team is here to help if you need a qualified Phoenix theft attorney by your side. If you are facing theft charges, our team will work to conduct a complete investigation into this situation in an effort to get the charges against you reduced or dismissed altogether.
Why Turn to the Ciccarelli Law Offices for Help?
- At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, we strive to provide a client-centered approach to every case that we take. This means that we focus on the goals and needs of each client as we formulate their case strategy moving forward.
- Our Phoenix criminal attorneys have a track record of success standing up to aggressive prosecutors. We bring advocacy and experience to the fight in order to achieve the best results possible.
- At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, we have a track record of success in helping those facing serious criminal charges in and around the Phoenix area.
How Will an Attorney Help a Phoenix Theft Charge?
The goal of a Phoenix theft attorney will be to handle every aspect of these cases on behalf of their client. An attorney can use their resources and legal experience to fully investigate the charges their client is facing. This will include gathering all of the evidence that prosecutors are using to prove their case while also conducting an independent investigation in order to uncover additional evidence that may help the client.
An attorney will handle all negotiations with law enforcement officials and prosecutors. This will include discussions about any possible plea deal if one is warranted. However, an attorney will fully prepare to take the case to trial if that is what is necessary to ensure their client is treated fairly.
Understanding Theft Charges in Phoenix
When we look at the general theft statute that is applied in Arizona (Arizona Revised Statutes Title 13 Criminal Code § 13-1801), it is clear that this is not a statute related to robbery or burglary. Those are separate statutes that will not be discussed here. In Arizona, theft is defined as:
- Controlling another person’s property with the intention of depriving them of the property.
- Controlling property while knowing or having reason to suspect the property is stolen.
- Obtaining property or services by misrepresentation, with the intention of depriving another person of the property or services.
In Phoenix, the penalties for theft will vary depending on the value of the property or services that have been taken. If the property or services taken were valued at less than $1,000, this will be considered a Class 1 misdemeanor offense punishable by up to six months in jail.
For any property or services taken valued at more than $1,000, this will result in a person facing a felony charge. Again, the level of a felony offense will vary depending on the value of the property or services took:
- $1,000 to less than $2,000, a firearm, or an animal to be used in fighting – Class 6 felony offense, punishable by 6 months to 1.5 years in prison.
- $2,000 to less than $3,000 – Class 5 felony punishable by 9 months to 2 years in prison.
- $3,000 to less than $4,000, vehicle engine, or vehicle transmission – Class 4 felony punishable by 1.5 to 3 years in prison.
- $4,000 to less than $25,000 – Class 3 felony punishable by 2.5 to 7 years in prison.
- $25,000 or more – Class 2 felony punishable by 4 to 10 years in prison.
Call a Phoenix Theft Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love is facing theft charges in or around the Phoenix area, turn to the team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices as soon as possible. Our attorneys have a track record of success in helping clients facing a range of criminal charges, including various types of theft. We understand what it takes to investigate these situations, stand up to aggressive prosecutors, and help ensure that you are treated fairly. When you need a Phoenix theft attorney, contact our team today.