Scottsdale Drug Crime Attorney
Drug offenses can lead to significant penalties if you or a loved one is convicted. In Scottsdale, there are various types of charges a person can face related to the use of or possession of narcotics. At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, our team is here to help if you need a Scottsdale drug crime attorney by your side. We have extensive experience helping individuals facing a range of drug offenses, and we know what it takes to fight and stand up to aggressive prosecutors in these situations. Let us help you get the charges you are facing reduced or dismissed altogether.
Choose the Ciccarelli Law Offices for Help With Your Case
- The attorneys at the Ciccarelli Law Offices strive to provide a client-focused approach to every case that we take. This means that we listen to our clients’ stories as we formulate the best defense strategy moving forward.
- Attorney Lee Ciccarelli leads a team of aggressive lawyers who work together to build a solid defense strategy on behalf of any client facing a drug crimes charge.
- Our firm strives to provide reasonable rates for every client so that they can receive skilled legal assistance without breaking the bank.
How Will a Drug Crime Attorney Help Your Case?
A skilled Scottsdale drug crimes defense attorney is going to be necessary when going up against prosecutors in these situations. The reality is that prosecutors will vigorously pursue drug charges, and individuals in these situations need an advocate. An attorney can use their resources to:
- Analyze any evidence that has been gathered by law enforcement or prosecutors
- Conduct an independent investigation into the incident to uncover any additional evidence that could be used to help their client
- Work with every party involved to help the client get into drug treatment programs or counseling that will be more beneficial than jail or prison time
- Work to negotiate a clear deal with prosecutors, if the evidence suggests such a deal is warranted
Lee Ciccarelli leads an experienced team with proven results. We understand the consequences of a case and/or conviction, and we are available and ready to fight for you. Your Success is our Mission. Whether you need assistance in Scottsdale or a criminal defense attorney in Chandler, we’re here to help.
Understanding Drug Crimes in Scottsdale
Drug charges in Scottsdale, Arizona are typically related to either the possession of drugs for personal use or the possession of drugs with the intention of distribution. Regardless of the type of charge a person is facing, these convictions can have a serious impact on a person’s life.
Officials in Arizona focus particularly on those found in possession of a significant amount of narcotics. State law uses various thresholds pertaining to each type of drug to determine what type of charges a person will face. These thresholds are as follows:
- 9 powdered grams of cocaine
- 3/4 gram in rock form of crack cocaine
- 9 grams of methamphetamine
- 1/2 milliliter of LSD or 50 dosage units of blotter form LSD
- 4 grams or 50 milliliters of PCP
Anyone found in possession of drugs in amounts above these thresholds will typically be charged with possession of the drug with the intention of selling or transporting the material. This is a Class 2 felony under Arizona law and could result in a person serving anywhere from 3 to 12.5 years in prison.
If a person was found in possession of drugs below these threshold limits, they will typically be eligible for probation and the requirement to attend drug treatment and/or education programs.
Marijuana is illegal in Arizona unless a person has an approved medical marijuana card. However, those found in possession of marijuana are typically offered the chance at probation or diversion programs in lieu of incarceration in jail or prison.
If you were charged with a drug crime in Chandler, Arizona, please reach out to our Chandler drug possession lawyers as soon as possible.
Call a Scottsdale Drug Crime Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love is facing any type of drug crime charge in or around the Scottsdale area, contact the team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices today. Our team has a proven track record of success handling complex drug crime cases in Arizona and throughout the U.S., and we know what it takes to fully investigate these matters. We will leave no stone unturned as we work to formulate the best defense strategy on your behalf. When you need a Scottsdale drug crimes defense attorney, contact our attorneys.