Chandler Regular DUI or Misdemeanor Attorney
DUI laws in the state of Arizona are extremely strict, with penalties that are harsher than those of many other states. Arizona officially uses the term “driving under the influence,” (DUI) rather than “driving while intoxicated,” (DWI). The two terms are occasionally used interchangeably, but the end result is that the state prohibits all motorists from operating a motor vehicle if their BAC is 0.08 percent or if the officer deems the driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol when the driver is impaired “to the slightest degree.”
Further, if it is determined that you were in actual physical control of a vehicle while impaired you could potentially be charged with a DUI without actually driving. The DUI laws can be complex, and you could significantly benefit from having a highly knowledgeable Chandler DUI defense attorney from the Ciccarelli Law Offices by your side from start to finish. It is never a good idea to attempt to handle an Arizona DUI on your own—choose the DUI team who will work hard for your rights and your future.
Why Choose A Chander Regular DUI or Misdemeanor Lawyer From Ciccarelli Law Offices?
- When you choose the highly experienced DUI team at the Ciccarelli Law Offices, you are choosing professional, knowledgeable, compassionate attorneys who bring advocacy and experience to every DUI case they take.
- Attorney Lee Ciccarelli is recognized by Super Lawyers, receiving the Ten Best Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys.
- Lee is also a member of the National College of DUI Defense.
- Our Chandler criminal defense attorneys bring over 100 years of national criminal defense experience, representing you in a caring, aggressive, determined manner.
- The Ciccarelli Law Offices are dedicated to fighting for the rights of those whose liberty is on the line—as yours are when you are facing Arizona DUI charges.
- We are well-versed in Arizona DUI laws, which can be quite complex with its many levels of DUI charges as well as a wide array of potential penalties.
- No matter where you are from, who you are, or how much money you have, at the Ciccarelli Law Offices we believe we can make a difference in the outcome of your DUI charges.
- We have hundreds of five-star reviews from clients, after successfully representing thousands of clients across the country.
- Ciccarelli Law Offices are different—we aim to serve our clients when they need us most.
What Penalties Are Associated with Regular DUI or Misdemeanors In Chandler?
Virtually every type of DUI in the state of Arizona is a misdemeanor, with the exception of Aggravated DUI. Although misdemeanor charges bring fewer consequences and lighter penalties than felony charges, a conviction for a Misdemeanor DUI can still bring serious, long-lasting effects. A “regular” DUI is one in which the suspect had a BAC of 0.08, up to 0.15. If the BAC is 0.15 percent, it is known as an Extreme DUI. A “regular,” or “standard,” DUI misdemeanor can lead many of those charged to argue they were not too impaired to drive. And, because alcohol affects different people differently, this could, in fact, be true. Arizona law, however, is based solely on a BAC test that reads 0.08 or above. Unfortunately, many BAC tests have issues that can cause the reading to be significantly off.
Arizona law makes it illegal for anyone to drive or be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle while under the influence of intoxicating liquor, a drug, or a vapor releasing substance containing a toxic substance (or a combination of the three). Arizona drunk driving laws can be found under A.R.S. §28-1381, prohibiting driving under the influence of an intoxicating substance if that intoxicating substance impairs the driver to the slightest degree. If you are found guilty of a “regular” first-offense DUI in the state of Arizona, you could face the following penalties:
- You will spend a minimum of 24 hours in jail, up to a maximum of six months. The actual minimum sentence is ten days, however, up to nine days of that minimum can be suspended by the judge.
- You will pay a base fine of $250, but by the time all the fines and fees are added, you could be looking at as much as $2,500.
- You could have your driver’s license suspended for anywhere between 90 days and 360 days.
- You may be required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle for up to a year—and you will be required to pay a monthly fee that can be $100 or more.
- You could be placed on probation for up to three years.
- The judge could order you to complete community service hours.
- You will probably be required to complete a drug and alcohol screening and may be required to attend an alcohol education class or attend drug and alcohol counseling.
While you may not be required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle, you may choose to have one installed under a hardship-based agreement as a means of regaining your driver’s license.
What Are Some Potential Defenses to Your Chandler, Arizona DUI Charges?
While your DUI attorney will choose the very best defense for you, based on the circumstances of your arrest and the facts of your case, some of the most common DUI defenses include:
- The officer had no probable cause to pull you over. You were not driving erratically and had not broken any traffic laws.
- There were problems with your actual arrest. The officer may have not read your Miranda Rights to you or may have delayed allowing you to call an attorney, even though you asked to do so.
- Your field Breathalyzer test was inaccurate or was not properly performed. The device may not have been properly calibrated or maintained, or the officer that administered the test might not be certified or properly trained.
- Rising blood alcohol concentration means your BAC level was below the legal limit while you are driving but increased as you waited for the test to be administered.
- There were problems with the blood test chain of custody, or the blood test may have been improperly administered, leading to an inaccurate result.
Contact A Chandler Regular DUI & Misdemeanor Lawyer Today
At Ciccarelli Law Offices, our Chandler DUI Defense lawyers are passionate about representing individuals accused of DUI across the state. We know that this is a terrifying time and we work tirelessly to protect your rights and freedom at every turn. You need experienced and aggressive legal support after a DUI arrest. Let Attorneys Lee Ciccarelli help you through this difficult time. We have extensive experience helping complex DUI cases in Chander and throughout the state of Arizona. Call us today!
You deserve a Chandler DUI defense lawyer that is there for you when you need them most. Contact us or call today at (480) 725-6132.